No dining in, social gatherings capped at 2 people from May 16 as S'pore tightens Covid-19 rules
SINGAPORE - People will be allowed out in groups of only two from this Sunday (May 16) until June 13, with dining in prohibited as Singapore tightens its Covid-19 restrictions to stamp out the spread of cases in the community.
Working from home will once again be the default for workplaces, and employers have to ensure that staff who can work from home do so.
Other tighter restrictions include:
- Weddings receptions will not be allowed, although solemnisations may continue for up to 100 people with pre-event testing in place, or 50 people with no testing.
- Congregational and other worship services can continue with a lower cap of 50 people at any one time. The limit goes up to 100 attendees if pre-event testing is implemented.
- Occupancy limits for malls and showrooms will be further reduced from the current limit of 10 sq m per person of gross floor area, to 16 sq m per person.
- All attractions that received prior approval to operate at 50 per cent of their operating capacity will have to reduce this to 25 per cent.
- Indoor and outdoor shows are allowed to continue for up to 50 people, with the cap going up to 100 people if pre-event testing is implemented.
- Museums and public libraries will operate at a reduced capacity of 25 per cent.
- Up to 100 people may be allowed into cinema halls with pre-event testing, or up to 50 people if no testing is in place. The cap of two people per group applies, and food and drinks cannot be sold or consumed in the cinema.
Mr Wong urged people to follow the tightened measures and go out only for essential reasons.
He added: "We know this is a very difficult period for everyone; this is clearly a setback in our fight against Covid-19. We are resolved to keep fellow Singaporeans safe and to see Singapore safely through this crisis. So let's continue to stay united, support each other and do our very best."
Linette Lai. (2021, May 14). No dining in, social gatherings capped at 2 people from May 16 as S’pore tightens Covid-19 rules. The Straits Times. https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/no-dining-in-social-gatherings-capped-at-2-people-from-may-16-as-spore-tightens